This Page

has been moved to new address

I joined the "Old Lady Fat Club"....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I joined the "Old Lady Fat Club"....

A.K.A. Weight Watchers.  Yes, I joined.  I'm a dues paying member.  Now, I did not mean to offend any other members of Weight Watchers.  I don't mean that it is for old ladies or ... well - it is just - Weight Watchers is my mom's way to lose weight.  Or at least a mom's way.

Confession time.  I think I have reverse body dismorphia.  You see - body dismorphia is when a person is skinny and looks in the mirror and can't see the thin them... they see a chubby them. I feel skinny.  I feel like that person from age 23.  I'm not a mom.  I'm HOT.  And then I walk past a mirror - realize that the mental me and the "me" from my imagination are two different people.  Reverse Body Dismorphia.  I think I'm skinny - and the truth is I'm not.  So I joined.  I stepped on that scale.  The number popped up and I think I threatened to kill the lady if she read it out loud.  No worries though, it is a cleverly kept secret between her, myself, and the paper in my purse.

So now you know. The final step in my transformation into a "mom" is to go get some jeans that reach way up beyond my belly button, a bra with no under wire, and granny panties.  *sigh*  I guess it happens to the best of us.  We shall see - maybe Weight Watchers will magically turn me into Jennifer Hudson and I will end up in a bikini next summer.  (One can always have dreams). 

FYI.... Body Dismorphia actually exists and many people with eating disorders really experience it.  I don't mean to make light of any situation in which someone has an eating disorder.  I also don't mean to offend anyone who is an active participant in Weight Watchers.  Quite possibly - you are not old... and neither am I.  This post does not necessarily represent the ideas or views of this station blog.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM , Anonymous Kisses4Kaylee said...

Lol...I think I suffer the same condition. In my mind, I am still the woman of 35 who rocked it in low-rise jeans and tank top. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead in either. I had joined WW and contributed faithfully to their cause for well over a year before I finally quit. I just couldn't find the time to attend the meetings. I do have a brand-new calorie counter, though, for when I have the time and money to rejoin. Good luck with the program; I know lots of people for whom it has been amazing! :-)

 
At June 16, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Rebecka said...

I'm glad to see someone else willing to 'fes up.
I finally broke down and joined on Monday. Yep, I did it.
I signed up for the online program and I gotta say I love the tracking tools.
Good luck to us both!

Okay... gotta go hit the drug store for some BenGay and Geritol. Maybe some bunion cream too.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger justin and marsi said...

Yay! Good for you! I joined a month or so ago and it really works well... until you go on a cruise! now i'm trying to get back on it! You inspire me! Good luck on your first week!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

OH! the good old days of being twenty something and eating anything and drinking whatever and still looking HOT in all our clothes! I do miss those days..I too have joined the ranks of momhood and joined WW and train for Marathons- you know we are in the biggest age group and sex that runs races - for this very reason. Hmmmm.... not sure that i like it but it is better then alternative I think;) We can do this together girl- lean on me and I will lean on you:)

 
At June 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Awn said...

K, I work with all women, many of which are young and moms and hot (just like you) and are doing Weight Watchers. All the cool kids are doing it. I'm surprised any of us make it out of work alive - within one room we have a diabetic, a gestational diabetic, 2 vegetarians of Weight Watchers and me doing the new high protein low carb deal. Don't mess with us.
I"m seriously proud of you for not just talking about doing something! It's so much easier to pretend that we'll be active participants.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Christi said...

I've been a member several times now. It would be beneficial for me to join again, but I'm just not feeling up for it right now. The time I was most successful was when I had friends going to the meetings with me: extra support and extra accountability! Now, I keep thinking: I don't need to pay for a membership, I can just find the motivation to do it on my own. Alas, I can't seem to find it anywhere!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks for all the support - yes - you all lean on me and I will lean on you all. Christi - I think that is why I just busted myself out. Because now - if I don't follow through... I will be humiliated ... in public. Humiliation can be a great motivator!
Awn... - I so do not want to work in your office right now :)
And Rebecka - I joined on Monday too!!
oh.. and Kristin = keep dreamin' about me running that marathon with you. Although, if you put a Big Mac to a string, attached to a stick, that hung over my head and just out of my reach... I may be tempted right now :)

 
At June 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on Jenny...I refuse to buy new suits for work and safety pins just weren't cutting it anymore~! I found some old shirts I used to wear when I was skinny, hot and childless..They looked like half shirts...it was horrible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home