This Page

has been moved to new address

There are no words to really explain

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

There are no words to really explain

The post of my heart tonight is about my friends.

So many people have done the 24 days of Thankfulness challenge in honor of Thanksgiving.  I started a post listing my things… and it was erased… and I decided I just wasn't going to do one this week.  But… then I posted 2 videos and a photo. 
382839_10150382269278995_612158994_8491731_695165212_n
The videos are of Alexander eating.  You can view them HERE and HERE.  But they aren’t the focus of this post.  The video shots got all sorts likes, loves, and comments on Facebook.  Then my friends started chiming in on my photo.  I received an e-mail from an old high school friend. At just the right time.  Another high school classmate dropped everything twice to help me get my self dignity (A.K.A. hair done) back. Just today.. a new friend gave me a generous gift.  Not because of the monetary value –but because of the meaning behind this thoughtful gesture.

It is sort of a given that we should love our families.  I’m proud to say that I have a relationship with God.  You all probably realize that I am thankful for my kids and husband.  But… do you know that my friends are sort of a life force of their own?

I have been amazingly blessed to join 2 elite groups.  Yes, I call them elite.  One is to become a mother of 2 children who walk the wild side at the same exact time.  (Twins.) Many people would not care to be in these shoes – but the mothers who journey this path with me are amazing.  They know things about me that I sometimes can’t reveal to anyone else.
              IMG_0029[1]                      IMG_0205[1]
I am also part of an ultra elite group of parents of children with a rare genetic syndrome.  When I have fears… I call them first. When I struggle, I know they will understand.  I felt pride knowing that I picked the right gift for a girl near and dear to my heart… who is turning 6 but … needs 6 year old interesting gifts that can be appropriate for a different developmental level.  Her mom and I?  We get each other.  I love that.
                 DSC_0084bw                 DSC_0770
My college roommate? I haven’t phoned in several weeks. Busy. But I love her. She dropped everything to come to the twins birthday party.  She is always there. Like no other.
                        Christmas 022                  
Most of the girls from my wedding… still on speed dial.  I need them.  I’m blessed with them.  The cheer us on.  They cry when I’m hurt.  They … are so amazing.
house 005
Almost everyday at work – someone asks me, “How are things?  How is Alexander?”  How do people get such great colleagues?

I am thankful for my friends. Yes – I have other things I am thankful for also: church, family, Ray, Kids, etc.….

But today – I wanted to say to all of my friends… thank you.  There were over 100 phone, e-mail, text, and Facebook messages this past weekend.  Thank you….  I am Thankful For You.


And thank Shell… for the chance to link up!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger championm2000 said...

((Smiling))

Friends like that = something to be very thankful for!!

Happy Thanksgiving, friend!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

I am so very Thankful to call you friend! You are there for is just as much. I remember a phone call I got where you literally dropped everything because you thought I was in need. That makes my heart so happy that we are that type of Friend.
So Happy Thanksgiving my dear sweet amazing friend!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so great to have friends who are their when you need them!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Anonymous Bryan said...

My wife and I found out in April our nine-year old has t-cell lymphoma, a form of cancer. And when reading a story like yours it makes me thankful...I don't want to sound callous or uncaring, but we know Noah's prognosis looks good and you face a lifetime of uncertainty for your child. We will pray for you and your little one...thanks for sharing your story.

 
At November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Melissa - I should have added my blogger friends. Support in the most amazing way.

 
At November 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Bryan,
You don't sound callous at all. I wrote a post once, called Older Children Can be Scary. (I linked it at the bottom.) But - I was very open about sometimes I am thankful for our lives. I think it is totally normal. I know people who have grieved the loss of their children, and I don't mean it in a callous nature - but it helps me to be thankful every day for everything I have. I'm glad you found our blog. I hope you stop back in to check up on our little miracle - or follow along. I will keep Noah in my prayers also. Kristen

http://www.alittlesomethingforme.com/2011/08/older-children-can-be-scary.html

 
At November 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Anonymous Rachel @ Totally Ovar It said...

Wow, it sounds like you have an AMAZING group of friends. So glad you have this support.

Visiting from PYHO.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Shell said...

How wonderful to have such great friends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home