This Page

has been moved to new address

The Lost Gift

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Lost Gift

Have you ever bought a gift early?  Like over the summer early?  Like… you see it.  It is perfect.  You must buy this perfect Christmas gift that is perfect for your hard to shop for person….

 

I am photo sort of girl.  I love all things photo related.  I dream of Coach bags I can’t afford.  I decorate with snowmen in the winter and most of my collectibles don’t matter to anyone but me.

 

My step mother loves to read.  She reads books constantly.  (We do have this in common.) But her tastes are different than mine.  She collects skunks.  (fake ones)  She likes rod iron dragons and unique looking mystical things.  Her tastes are diverse, and in a pinch – I know a Willow Tree figurine or  a David Shore collectible will be appreciated, but earlier this year I found the perfect gift for her. 

 

While at a craft show – I found rod iron Dragon Book Ends.  Not the gift for me.  The perfect gift for her.  I mean perfect…. I knew she would love it.  I bought those suckers right away and this feeling of complete satisfaction warmed my heart as I could check her off my list.  early.  Awesomeness.

 

I lost those bookends.  Seriously lost them.  We were camping when I bought them, so I have looked through all our camping gear and the crevices in our van.  I ripped apart our gift hiding places.  I ripped apart the twin’s room, our room, and Alexander’s room.  Problem?  We have a lot of people in our house.  We tend to put things “out of sight” when we have therapy appointments, etc.  Problem?  We contemplated selling our house.  When the man came to look at our house, we did a mad clean up of the house.  Problem?  Lost Bookends.

 

After I ripped the entire upstairs apart, I moved on to the basement.  We’ve had a few bouts of heavy rain… with a little water.  So – some things have been “thrown around” to make sure they don’t get wet.  Then there are medical supplies.  Don’t forget about the clothing we can’t throw away because Alexander will grow into it someday.  *sigh*  So many boxes to go through.  I looked through these boxes… Did I shove these bookends in one of these places?  Anything is possible when you know someone is going to look everywhere in your house?  I looked in our playroom, office, and all storage areas.  I even cleaned out the space under the seats in our van… just in case.

 

At first it was funny. (this was 4 days ago).  Then I was worried (3 days ago).  It moved onto introspective (2 days ago) as I used the time to look at old toys.  Finally – today – I was frustrated. 

 

Me ~ “Where is that freaking Gift?!?” 

Ray ~ “Stop Cussing.” 

Me ~ “I’m not cussing.  Freak is not a cuss word. I would NOT cuss over a CHRISTMAS present.  That is totally wrong.” 

Ray~ “It is when you use it in place of another cuss word.” 

Me ~ “Shoot.” 

Ray~ “Stop cussing.” 

 

We all have our flaws, but for me… when I ventured into the realm of fake cuss words so close to the birth of our Savior – I knew it was time to give up.  I called my dad in tears.  I asked him what Wal-Mart gift my step mom would like …. something she would really like – because we are celebrating in an hour and this was 10pm last night.  He gave me a good idea, and I made my way to what I knew was going to be a hot holiday mess.

 

2 miles into my drive, I got a call from Ray.  I found it.  Buried under stuff at the bottom of Alexander’s closet. 

 

So… I know you are dying to see this mystery gift.  Here it is:

IMG_0838[1]

Not my perfect gift, but the perfect gift for her.  And I’m not going to lie.  I’m totally excited… because I know she will love it. 

 

Anyone else at the end of their rope over something silly this holiday season?  Anyone else lose gifts? 

6 Comments:

At December 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

God bless her she's got interesting taste!

Merry Christmas sister of my heart. Ya know I don't have one a sister!

 
At December 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Amy McCollister said...

Last year I got in a panic on Christmas eve because I couldn't find the dish rags I spent all month crocheting. Two weeks later, I found them...in a place I'd looked a thousand times before.

 
At December 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Blogger championm2000 said...

Glad Christmas was saved!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Glad you found them :) And yes, I've done that too (unfortunately my finding them didn't happen in quite as timely a manner...)

 
At December 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger gretchen said...

That is exactly my excuse for NOT buying anything early! That and the fact that I always find about 6 more "perfect" things, and end up buying more than I need. Hope she loved her dragons!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger LB said...

Girlfriend, I lose at least one gift each year. And I don't buy in the summer! The longest I've gone without finding a gift was 2 years. I bought my daughter the ultimate Disney Store Snow White get up with the gloves, the crown, the shoes, the handbag... You name it, she had it. Only when it came time for Christmas wrapping, I could not find those damn shoes anywhere! Two years later, my husband pulls them out of a box at the top of the hall closet. There were the shoes. Still with the tags on them and three sizes smaller than my daughter's shoe size. Thank God for eBay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home