This Page

has been moved to new address

Make Me Laugh Monday: Get Jesus out of the Barbie CAR!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, December 19, 2011

Make Me Laugh Monday: Get Jesus out of the Barbie CAR!

I was asked to be a contributing writer at a Christian Woman’s Blog.  I said Yes.  It is www.mustlovegod.net.  I’m super excited and can’t wait to start writing all these posts in my heart. 

But – truth be told… I cussed three people out today.  If it helps – I didn’t do it to their face.

I’m really glad the website is called Must Love God.  I definitely do…. but I am such a sinner. 

IMG_0026[1]
While we are still on the topic of religion… I bought the kids a Veggie Tales Nativity Set the other day. And, I’m totally conflicted about it. You see…. here is the thing – We have a Nativity Scene. It is our “no touch” nativity. And… part of me says the kids should be able to interact with the Nativity. They should be able to touch baby Jesus and they should be able to “feel” that which is hard to touch. So I bought the Veggie Tales Nativity. Here is my little problem. What if they start playing Barbie with Baby Jesus? I have a real problem with baby Jesus hopping a ride in the Barbie Car.

Which makes me think about how I come off online.  I talk a lot about the praying that I do.  Praying for guidance… Praying for wisdom…. Praying for my children.  I don’t necessarily come out and blog about when I am irritated about things.  (Ok. Well sometimes I do.)  But – I don’t come out and air all our dirty laundry.  (Ok.  Well… believe it or not – what I do air is not ALL of it.)

I was getting dressed yesterday and wondering what I was going to put together for this post.  As I was doing this – I was racing around our house, after my 3 minute shower, trying to find a pair of underware (living room), trying to find a pair of clean pants (basement), and trying to find a clean shirt (hmmmm…. closet).  I totally gave up on the sock issue.
IMG_0810[1]

Did you know that 99% of the time I’m wearing socks with holes in them or socks that are on “day2”?  Seriously – sometimes I even break down and buy packs of socks – only to see them disappear and I’m back to my holey / dirty socks.  Today, at church, was no example.  Sock on left foot – dirty.  Sock on right foot – 3 holes.  They didn’t match.  Don’t believe me?  I have evidence….




IMG_0811[1]

I can tell you this.  I usually end up having two pictures taken of me.  Picture 1 – real me. 




Then I look at picture 1 and realize I didn’t “suck in my neck”


IMG_0812[1]

and thus – picture 2.


See… I’m a completely different person.  Just like online.





Happy Monday.  Got anything for us?  The only rule is your “photo” / “video” / and now “drawing” has to be your own.  Link up.


Photobucket
 
 

Labels:

7 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! I think we all have our moments. Sometimes, I'm very grateful that I can keep some thoughts to myself and not share them outloud..

 
At December 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This did make me laugh! Love the socks with holes:)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Jynxkitty said...

We like to think we invented the portmanteau "resockling" from sock + recycling to describe the re-wearing of yesterday's foot covers. We do it that often that we needed a word for it. :o)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

Oh my goodness... My sad sock state rivals yours...

And I love you!!

:)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger championm2000 said...

Seeing your two pictures totally gave me an idea for my next MMLM post...before and after using the touch-up tools on Picnik. Ooops...maybe I shouldn't give away my secret ;-)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Helene said...

When I can't find decent socks, I just wear my husband's socks, which he hates because I tend to wear them around the house and get the socks all dirty. I mean, aren't socks SUPPOSED to get dirty??

Congratulations on your new writing gig! That's awesome!!

 
At December 20, 2011 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Eric, Erin, Elsie and Emmy said...

Woot! Woot! Awesome on the writing! I am super excited for you.

And on Baby Jesus, I know what you mean! We have a plastic native scene that the girls adore and they love playing with baby Jesus. But three wise men are the ones that are taking the beating from my two year olds! Head s have fallen off, pieces missing. But I keep reminding myself that they are being gentle with Baby Jesus. That counts, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home