This Page

has been moved to new address

Dear Andrew and Addison–Explanation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dear Andrew and Addison–Explanation

Dear Andrew and Addison,P7071013 - Copy
If I’ve embarrassed you, I’m sorry.  It was never my intent.  The truth is, I’m different now than I was years ago. 

Once upon a time I was care free.  Once upon a time, I made up fake names and jumped on my bed (even as an adult) to songs by Poison.  Once upon a time, I hiked down a stinking cliff with your father and a bag of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches… just because I could.  Once upon a time, I went to a 50 cent concert… because I was invited.  Once upon a time, I drank Apple Martinis with 7 cherries in each glass… because they were the best part.  Once upon a time, I rode to Florida on Spring Break in the back of a pickup truck…. because times were simpler then.

Then … I became a wife.  A small change.  Still me, but a little more responsible me.  Then … I became a Mommy.  To you.  My beautiful babies. I didn’t mention those “Once Upon a Times” so you will think I have abandoned my dreams to become your mother.  I embraced my dreams of my childhood and young adulthood.  And then, with open arms and no regrets, I embraced you.  I matured.  Going out until 4 am just because I felt like it? Nope.  Getting up with you… to hold you and stroke your sweet faces at 4 am? Yes please. Let me embrace those moments.  They are so fleeting…. I cherish the memories of your daddy and I smiling at each other as we gave you a midnight feeding.  But – I did change.  A small change.  Still me, but a little more responsible me.
PB240346
Then .. another small change.  A baby brother.   Still me, but a little more responsible me.  There are things I just must take care of.  Medicines and doctor appointments and schedules and … life.  Because Alexander has clutched my heart in the same way you two have.  Once again, I haven’t given up dreams for my life now.  With open arms and no regrets, I embrace our family.  But… when I look at the child I was 7 years ago… she is barely recognizable.  There were times this past year that I didn’t recognize the “still me” part.  It is back. It is here to stay. But I need you to know me now.  What if another change happens in our family?  One that I would embrace … but could add another dimension to our life and coincidentally change me?

I fully admit, that I write this blog for me.  “A little Something for Me.”  But I will also concede that I write this blog for you also. So you can see my love for you has no end. It is taking every ounce of self control I have not to go in and sleep with you at night… just to cuddle and gaze into your sweet faces.  You both have been asking for it ever since our beach trip, and if I could have that indulgence…. it would be a slice of heaven on Earth.  I will forget these memories in 6 months.  I don’t want to forget.  I don’t want you to forget.  I promise to try to remember that our memories are not only mine to share – but yours also.
P5300773P5120686
My favorite memories of you sleeping….
And… If you do need therapy, I will pay for it.  I love you. Beyond words.

Blogging Exposure - HERE
Personal Confessions - HERE  
Letter to Alexander - HERE

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Hilary said...

You have very lucky children!

Oh how I love Poison!!!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Helene said...

Awwww, this is such a sweet post!!! Such a loving tribute to your children! Your love for them is so evident in your writing!

Thanks for following my blog! Following yours now too!!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Loving Lifes Simplicities said...

Every post I read makes me teary. <3 Love your blog!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Angela Zuill said...

Beautiful post! There's nothing like a mother's love :)


http://ramblingsfromtheanimalfarm.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home