This Page

has been moved to new address

Saving My Sanity.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Saving My Sanity.

I'm having a lot of trouble over here.  Let's start with Social Media:  What am I supposed to put where? I mean really.  How can I maintain a LIFE … IN REAL LIFE … and somehow grow this blog?  When do I take a pause from social media to actually LIVE? 

I’m exhausted. Today, Ray took the twins outside to “mow the yard.”  I was supposed to take a nap. Instead?  I checked blogs, replied to posts people made to my blog, checked my Facebook status updates, analyzed my stats, checked in with my Mom’s of Twins group (who I am seriously neglecting), checked in with my Parent’s of Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome group (a lot of things happening that I would like to support), and now I learn that I should be posting things to TWITTER?

It is going to send me over the edge.  I mean… What am I supposed to put on Twitter?  Something witty or funny? I do that on Facebook.  Updates on my day? Who the heck cares? Something in Caps? Something with an @ symbol or a #?  I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THESE SYMBOLS MEAN!

All the while, I’m trying to DO things with my kids, take photos to document the sweet things they do, and … LIVE.

I’m ready for some help over here.  I’m chasing 2 kids around… trying to get someone to poop on a potty. Shoot… at this point, a random stranger could come over, poop on my potty, and I would be thrilled.  And Alexander is doing awesome.  I want to video tape him EVERY MINUTE.  Because, one of these minutes, he’s going to go out, start the car, and drive to a place less crazy.  (Ok. .. he might not be doing quite that well, but you get the picture.)

Anyway – here’s a few pictures from the past few days.  I’ll post more later. Maybe in a year or so … when we are all pooping on the potty and I figure out Twitter.

IMG-20110809-00128

Playing with the same tractor my dad restored for us.  I LOVE IT.
IMG-20110809-00131IMG-20110809-00134

A bad idea and a worse idea… Addison on a horse with multiple moving parts.. and – seriously, can’t you just see the big problem with Andrew’s big idea? (A better mom would have run OVER instead of for the CAMERA).

IMG-20110810-00139IMG-20110815-00150IMG-20110816-00151
Look how big Alexander is sitting.  He’s rocking EVERYTHING lately.  He’s also In LOVE. (Not me – my skinny friend.)  And… what else? Working with my dad.  So sad that our Tuesday dates are over. (um… because I have to return to work, for those of you not following along.)
IMG-20110818-00160P8180579
Alexander – exhausted from therapy.  Sitting, reaching for toys, holding his head up… Did I mention that he’s awesome?  And… Addison. I love that she still fits the “wrong way” on the couch.  They are really turning into children now – how long until these days are over?
P8170576
I took this photo last night. It is a little fuzzy because I snuck into their room, blindly aimed, and flash photo'd them before I ran out.  (I was petrified I was going to wake them up!) But… this photo could be the picture to my heart right now.  A slumber party… It just makes me … HAPPY.

Guess I am still sane. But, if you are looking for a part time job as a personal assistant to a non-famous person who can’t pay you ANYTHING… I know someone who is hiring Smile

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Oh. My. Heck. I SO relate! To all of this, to the T! I really don't get how people do it. I DON'T do it, and I think that's why I'm building my followers so stinkin slowly. I have think, "What's more important?" I honestly feel like if I were to really get gung-ho about this, I would have to be online ALL day. I already feel like I am most of the time. So when you figure out just how to balance that line between real life and taking care of your kids, with the online life you're trying to create, let me know! 'Cause I'm clueless!

There's just not enough time in a day to do everything we want/need to do.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Shell said...

I need an assistant like that too!

I've learned I have to step away from social media every now and then. Even though that means I didn't visit all the linkers for PYHO until today and I'm just now returning comments.

We need to do other things if want to have something to blog about!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger lovejoy_31 said...

I am so there with you right now. I am trying to work full-time, go see my mom almost every day, take care of DH and DD and sometime in the middle try to take care or my blog and myself. That's why there are so many times that the blog falls by the wayside.

And I didn't go to church yesterday but it was because I was sick. I did go to bible study Friday night though, so I feel better about it. DH and DD went yesterday so it wasn't a complete wash-out. I slept while they were gone. Thanks for checking in on me. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home